Friday, April 15, 2016

Atonement

If the atonement is only one thing, it loses the power and majesty embodied by God. If God is an endless fount that you can drink of and never run dry, or an eternal treasure hunt that the excitement never dies, how can we see the embodiment and death of the Anointed One who bears the Name of the Divine as any less of a mystery. How could we nail him down (excuse the pun) to only saving by one such way?
Is God not the same inscrutable God who said "I am Who I am, I Will be that which I Will be?" Seek and you will find me! I will walk with you in the way you need. I meet you in the flesh!
I AM! I WILL BE! I am here for you!

He is victor and sacrifice
and prisoner and ransom captive freed.
He is plus
and then
not only
also
but look

He is I am, I will be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment